REGISTER ON EVENTBRITE HERE!
Schedule: Thursdays, 10:00 - 12:00, for 12 weeks, 9/6 - 11/29, (no class 11/22)
Instructor: Lauren Monroe
Fee: $350 (Deposit $75)
This course will cover fundamental biology principles with engaging hands-on science labs. Curriculum topics and techniques will reflect those often taught at a middle or junior high school level. Assigned homework and lab reports are encouraged as part of the course. The course will include frequent microscope and stereoscope use, hands-on learning with natural materials (bone, plants, fossils, soil, etc), and observation and documentation of on-going labs. Topics and labs include:
- Microscope Technique and Microscope Slide Creation
- Anatomical Studies and Classification
- Bacteria Staining
- Live Protist Identification
- Botanical Studies
- Animal Studies
- Frog Dissection (Optional)*
- Cell Biology
- Genetics and Heredity
- Chromosomes and Cell Reproduction
- *The Frog Dissection lab will be held at a different day & time (TBD). Cost of this lab is an additional $35.
A separate course, Biology II will run early February to mid-May 2019.