Schedule: Weds, 9:30am-11:30am for 12 dates from 1/24 - 4/11. No class 2/21 and 4/18.
Instructor: Lauren Monroe
Fee: $350 ($100 deposit)
This course will cover fundamental biology principles with engaging hands-on science labs. Curriculum topics and techniques will reflect those often taught at a middle or junior high school level. Assigned homework and lab reports are encouraged as part of the course. The course load in this winter and spring section will include frequent use of chemistry laboratory equipment, microscope and stereoscope use, hands-on learning with natural materials (bones, fossils, preserved specimens, soil, etc), and observation and documentation of on-going labs. More detail on topics and labs coming very soon!
Concepts and Labs:
Human Hereditary & Genetics
- Chromosomes, Karyotypes & Cell Meiosis
- Blood Types and X-Chromosome Linked Traits
- Skeletal and Muscular Systems
- Digestive, Respiratory & Circulatory Systems
- Neurons & Nerve Impulses, Sensory Systems, and the Brain
- Genetic Engineering & Therapy
- Global Change
- Human Impact