March Technocopia Newsletter
Welcome to the inaugural Technocopia Newsletter, we're going to be posting these every month or so to keep everyone in the loop on all the great things that are happening at the space.
There is a ton of stuff going on at Technocopia right now that we are really psyched to share with you, so let's get right to it!
New Shops Coming Online, Space Upgrades, T-Shirts and tons of CLASSES!
Our members and volunteers have been hard at work putting together all the tools and resources we have been able to purchase with the Mass Development grant and the rubber is finally hitting the road:
- The ShopBot CNC Router is now online and Tool Trainings will be posted later this month.
- The Metal Shop passed the Fire Inspection and is now open for business. We are working on Tool Trainings now, contact us if you're interested.
- The Glass Shop is just about fully equipped with 4x Bobcat Torches, Kiln, Flameworking Tools, Bench, Gas and Fume Extractor. We will be installing a fume hood in the next week or so and the Glass Shop will be open for business. Contact us if you're interested in a Tool Training.
- Drew and his merry band makers have been hard at work completing the Design Studio which will be our new home for screenprinting, 2D and 3D design, 3D printers, poster-making, art stuff, sticker making, button making, and other fun crafty sort of stuff. This new space is an entirely kid-friendly and youth-friendly area--we're excited to have a workshop open to our younger members.
- Volunteers from JobCorps will be putting up a coat of paint in the new Digital Fab Shop and we are looking at options for treating the floors.
- The Classroom has been outfitted with light blocking shades to aid in using the projector and we have received a generous donation of three gorgeous lab benches to replace the rickety folding tables that were in there. The benches make an awesome work surface to spread out a project on.
- We have been updating the Tools and Photos section of the website with updated listings, links and photos of all the cool stuff we have. We would love feedback on how useful this type of content is and what else you would like to see on the website.
- We just received a batch of gorgeous Technocopia T-Shirts in various colors and sizes. Come and git 'em for $20 a pop.
- We are running a promotion for new members signing up in March in April where of you sign up for a membership you get a free tool training! Contact us for more details.
- We have a TON of amazing Classes coming up this month, check them out below.
March 4th: Tool Training - Laser Cutter
March 7, 14, 21, 28th: Consumer Chemistry: Alcohol
March 8th: Tool Training - Vinyl Cutter
March 11th: Adventures in Minecraft
March 11th, 18th, 25th: Wood Scrap Jewelry Workshop
March 13th: Intro to Screen Printing Workshop
March 14th: Tool Training - Wood Shop Series III
March 15th: Tool Training - 3D Printer
March 25th: Adventures in Minecraft
March 28th: Tool Training - Wood Shop Series IV
April 1st: Design and Build a Sawhorse Workshop
Coming Soon: Tool Training - ShopBot CNC Router
Wood Lathe, Metal Working and Glass Working are classes available by request