Is a non-profit (tax-exempt status pending) geared towards creating technologies that will benefit the whole world. As part of this mission we are opening a hackerspace in Worcester, MA, which will serve as a home-base for our operations as well as a collaborative space for anyone in Central Massachusetts (or beyond!) to make their own projects into reality.
WHAT SERVICES DO WE OFFER?
- Lounge - Couches and a coffee table, for collaborating, relaxing, and general hanging out purposes.
- Kitchen - There's a fridge, coffee machine, and a microwave. The coffee must flow.
- Toilets & Sinks - Stuff happens and stuff gets dirty...
- Conference space - Big table, lots of chairs, a behemoth white board, and a projector. Plan your plans, think your thoughts, and get everyone on your project team on the same page.
- Computer stations - Use these to design your designs, surf the web, or send instructions to CNC machines.
- Storage - All members get their own 28"x16"x7" storage box.
- Workspace - Assorted stations housing all our equipment, listed below:
- Blackfoot CNC Router - 4'x8' build area
- Blacktooth Laser Cutter - 24"x20" build area
- Printrbot Plus 3D Printer - 8"x8"x8" (cube) print volume
- ServoStock 3D Printer - 11" diameter x14" height (cylindrical) print volume (link coming soon!)
- Injection Molder
- Surface mount soldering station
- (Regular) Soldering station
- Microcontroller development equipment
- Analog electronics development equipment
- Bench-top power tools
- Sewing machines
- Screen Printing equipment
- Hand tools
Events & Classes
Technocopia regularly hosts classes and events in our space. Many classes and events are free, some charge fees for materials used in the class, or for the time of the instructor. Classes and events are usually open to the public, but members generally enjoy discounted fees.
We are partnered with Running Start which will provide various office spaces for those seeking a quieter, more suit and tie friendly environment.
Running Start is a non profit co-working space that provides affordable collaborative space to entrepreneurs, along with networking and investment opportunities.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Noon - 10p*, 7 days per week.
*As staffing permits. We close at 8 if no one is here, please contact us if you intend to come in after 8pm.
COST OF MEMBERSHIP
As a non-profit, we use 100% of your membership fees for overhead, average salaries to our few paid employees, the services and technologies we provide to our members, and our sincerest thanks for your support.
- Introductory rate, $75/mo - You get everything a Membership gets you for $50/mo less! Available to the first 50 new members. The intro rate will be locked in for the lifetime of the membership. This reflects our appreciation of everyone that has supported us and helped us get this far, and recognizes and thanks our first members, likely to be those who stay longest with the space and will play the most active roles in and developing our community!
- Membership, $125/mo - Standard membership. Includes unlimited access to space, all equipment, amenities, and storage, during Hours of Operation.
- Group Membership, $---/yr - Each member in your group gets everything a full membership gets, at a hearty discount. This membership is intended to suit the needs of both for-profit companies, and non-profit organizations. Restrictions apply. Click here for pricing, and details.
- Remote Membership, TBD, $15-ish/mo (Coming soon!) - Includes remote access to the space, remote access to all automated tools and equipment, and live video collaboration with people in the space. Upload your projects to the virtual queue, collaborate with your friends in the space and around the world, and have your finished products mailed to you! Join our development community for updates, or email us with questions!
- Dual Membership, TBD (Coming soon!) - Includes a Standard Membership to Technocopia and a Basic Membership to Running Start Incubator, all at a discount!
We are proudly located in Worcester, Massachusetts, off 290 exit 17-18, near the WPI campus at:
HOW TO JOIN
If you are interested in more information, feel free to send us an email, call, or drop by the shop!
We are now able to accept cash, check, and credit.
- Come by the shop to become a member!
- Or use the new Stripe system to sign up with your credit card for a recurring membership.